- all about following Jesus. We are a community of imperfect people who have experienced the love and forgiveness of a wonderful God. We are a local expression of God’s eternal and universal church, called to be God’s people who love, worship, glorify, and serve our living King, Jesus Christ;
- part of the Assembly of Confessing Congregations of the Uniting Church, joining with other Uniting Church congregations in contending for the Biblical faith: Confessing the Lord Jesus Christ, Proclaiming the Truth and Renewing the Church; and
- “evangelical” Christians, which means that Jesus shapes the heart of our worship, the Bible shapes the heart of our life, and the Gospel (the Good News about Jesus) shapes our heart for a broken world.
Our Statement of Faith & Core Values
Youth Program for Term 4
Now available … click here to view.
♫ ♪ Deck the halls … ‘Tis the season to be jolly ♫
A message from Rev Ian Weeks:
In these final couple of months of the year we are again gearing up for a busy but joyful time of celebration. Christmas decorations are being created at our Monday morning Creations on the Corner, preparations are in place for the Gingerbread House Night, School Presentation Ceremonies are on the calendar, Carol and Christmas Services are being organized. It’s a busy time, but worth the effort as we prepare to celebrate one of the most significant events in human and cosmic history.
The event that we celebrate on the 25th December each year is not remembering the birth of Jesus of Nazareth as if he were just another prominent human being whose life and teaching shaped a small and insignificant corner of the world.
Rather it is marking the initiative of the Creator of the universe to come into this world as one of us – the Eternal Word of God “became flesh and took up residence among us” (John 1:14) – the Incarnation – an event that has global impact! We are all affected by it whether we realise it or not!
The birth of Jesus the Messiah (Lord and Saviour) is truly a momentous event and worth celebrating. So get the decorations ready, prepare the party food, and mark the Christmas Services on the calendar, it is indeed a season of great joy and wonder; for the “true light, who gives light to everyone (has come) into the world”! (John 1:9)
Mission of the Month – December 2018
Wesley Dalmar Family Services is an agency of Wesley Mission that seeks to minister to children at risk through foster care services and support networks.
All children deserve a happy and healthy start to life. Wesley Dalmar’s job is to help families by providing security care and support that is vital to a child’s development.
Early intervention and prevention are a key areas of focus behind the heart of the work, so that issues can be addressed before they escalate. Help to mums and dads builds stronger relationships with their children, and connect them together as one family unit.
Wesley Dalmar provides homes for children and young people who cannot live with their families, by recruiting, training, and supporting foster carers.
Wesley Dalmar offers four different types of foster care for children from birth to eighteen years of age, including:
- temporary or short-term care
- permanent or long-term care and adoption
- specialist foster care
- respite care.
Support is also provided through aftercare for young people (until they are twenty-five years old) who have previously been in care, and this supplements the foster care programs with wrap around services so that each team also has direct access to education and clinical specialists.